Sunday, August 23, 2009

HUH??? What happened to someday???

Of course the minute we got married, moved into our new house, started back to work...the idea of having a baby became a topic of MANY "conversations". I will throw a disclaimer out there to begin...Dan and I were dating for only six weeks when the topic of children was brought up...by him. He was totally against having children. I told him that I did not want to have a baby tomorrow, but I was pretty sure I did want to have children in the future. He told me that it was not a "deal breaker" and that we would figure things out. To be fair to Dan, I didn't want to have a baby tomorrow, but once I married such a wonderful man, had such a wonderful life, I did want to have that baby sooner than later. While we were having many heated conversations about my sudden biological clock stomping on our front porch, I think everyone was getting pregnant and starting to have babies - that certainly didn't help the situation. Seriously, we found out that someone was pregnant at least once a week for over a year. OK, a little exaggerated, but not much. We decided for our sake, we would make a plan of sorts. Many of our more closer friends were having difficulty getting pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy, so I was freaked out a bit due to my age. We decided that after the first of the year of 2008, I would go to the doctor and get everything checked-out, making sure I was able to have a baby. In doing this, my doctor had to do a pregnancy test before she could submit me for some lab work. It was just suppose to be for "insurance" purposes. Needless to say, I didn't need to go get that lab work after all. On February 25, 2008, I found out I was pregnant with our first child.

No comments:

Post a Comment