Sunday, August 23, 2009

Healing

I was just thinking, as I rocked my sweet boy to sleep (in his baby straight jacket of course)...about my life. I have been "good" at most things I have tried my entire life. I was "good" at sports, I won tons of trophies and ribbons (the days before everyone got a ribbon for breathing), I made All Star teams in all different sports, made All District, All City in basketball in high school. I won certificates and medals for playing the piano. I even wrote a play in high school that won an award. It was about an abusive dad, so I am still wondering to this day if I won because my teachers thought my dad was slapping me around (which he wasn't, kind of makes me laugh though if that is why I won). I have been Teacher of the Year, Humanitarian of the Year, I graduated from college with honors....But who the flip cares right? The thing I am most proud of, the thing I have done best in my life is to help create the sweetest, most beautiful boy in the entire world. You could offer me a million dollars or you could tell me, "Gosh you are a good mom" and I will take the latter. It is amazing how much I have healed over the past four months. You never get-over loosing a child, you never forget, but you have to move forward. The dips are not so far down that you cannot pull yourself up. Daniel Cole Walker has made me whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment