Saturday, December 12, 2009

Daddy Santa

This morning my school hosted Breakfast With Santa for all of the students. We couldn't find anyone to play Santa, so I "voluntold" Dan that he was this year's DPS Santa...he said I owed him BIG TIME! He was the best Santa ever - patient, sweet, and even looked the part.
The best part of the day was when it was Cole's turn to take his picture with Santa. He sat down on Daddy Santa's lap and started smiling. Mom and I were pretty sure he recognized his Daddy right away. He started grabbing his beard and pawing at his face. He actually almost pulled the beard off in front of over 100 kids waiting in line to sit on Santa's lap. We tried everything to get Cole to look at us, but he was too busy smiling at his Dad and trying to pull his beard...it looked like he was saying, "Dad, take that thing off and play with me." No matter what...the picture is classic!
I don't say it often enough, I truly have the most generous husband. He gives and gives, no matter what is asked of him. I am very lucky to have met such a wonderful man...in a bar...singing karaoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment