Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Sad Day Made Happy!!!

We had a cul-de-sac carnival on Saturday in celebration of Halloween. 50 plus people, including adults and children enjoyed the festivities (and wonderful weather).
A few months back I was talking to the neighbors about how we should do a neighborhood "carnival" for our kids someday...we did it one time when I was a kid and it was so much fun. Well, better now than later right? So the planning began...
Dan, Cole, and I put flyers on our neighbor's doors and asked them to email me if they were interested. I received lots of emails, but once many found out they had to be responsible for a game/activity - the number dwindled. In the end, we had over 20 booths including a bounce House, Pumpkin Plink-o, a Mad Scientist Lab, a train ride, tattoos, Pumpkin Bowling and a lot, lot more. We received permission from the city to block off the street, everyone brought lots of yummy food, and we had perfect, perfect weather. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time - kids and adults!
Brynn's due date was October 31st - she would have turned one this week, and after loosing her, I had convinced myself that Halloween would never be fun again, but I was wrong. I definitely had a few moments yesterday...I had to fight back tears - but watching my sweet boy enjoying all of the fun helped me turn those tears into smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment